Buyer Persona Audit
The NuSpark Marketing buyer persona target audience assessment
This is our process of uncovering the key attributes of your most valuable clients and customers and creating buyer personas to help target your marketing efforts on prospects most likely to engage.
Buyer personas can:
- Simplify the process of targeting and reaching the right audience at the right time.
- Help bridge the gap between buying behavior and successful sales opportunities
- Align sales and marketing objectives and activities.
Knowing the needs and motivations of your target audience is mission-critical for effective sales growth. Think about what needs you fulfill. Many times businesses explain those needs in their terms, but not their customers’ terms. The more you listen to your customers, the more you can increase the likelihood that your website will generate sales. Think about how crucial this step is. Your target audience dictates your message approach, bar none. It will give us clues on what to say, how to say it, when to say it, where to say it, and why to say it.
Buyer Persona research will provide a number of audience attributes so that we can formally understand the reasons they buy, and why they would buy from you.
- Why is a buyer engaging with you? What do they need?
- What key products/services are you focusing on?
- What are their titles, industries, and key duties?
- What kind of buyer types engage with you (economic, technical, executive)
- What are your prospects’ concerns and frustrations?
- Are your prospects’ influencers or final decision-makers? How many stakeholders are involved with the decision?
- What are their drivers to purchase? (Cost, service, technology, efficiency, etc)
- How are long are your buyer’s buying cycles?
- What are their media habits? How do they research your solutions?
- What are their preferred communications channels?
- What messages appeal to them? Format? Tone?
It’s important to know that we’ll need to assess multiple audience types if you have multiple target audiences. Each audience has its own persona, and its own content needs. Roles vary, level of influence vary, so understanding each segment is crucial for lead generation, because lead generation is optimized when we can match relevant content to those specific target audience segments most likely to engage.
The entire buyer purchase cycle process, from first visit to active participation in a nurturing cycle, is made up of three distinct stages: engagement, acquisition, and nurturing. Understanding your buyer’s preferred method of engagement at each stage (from social media to videos or email) allows you to construct a comprehensive model that will optimize the effectiveness of your inbound and outbound programs.