If you’re a B2B marketer and you’re not hibernating, you obviously know the concept of marketing automation. You’ve been to trade shows and b2b conferences and many of the major players always have booths or sponsorships. Marketo, Aprimo, Eloqua, Silverpop and all the rest are there to push this technology towards you. As they should… because without a sound lead nurturing process your firm suffers and those leads you worked so hard to generate will likely do business with competitors.
It’s important to keep in mind that although the tools sound great and work, they will only work if the tool is utilized properly. We explain the process to our many clients, and to highlight:
- Marketing Automation doesn’t work unless you have buy-in from sales and marketing together.
- Marketing Automation doesn’t work unless you have a sound, targeted media plan that will generate quality leads in the first place. The message has to promote content or demos on landing pages so that email capture can occur. For example, go through a copy of Information Week, and ¾ of the ads promote a unique URL that houses specific downloadable content.
- Marketing Automation doesn’t work unless there’s a realistic scoring model in place. Remember, not all leads are created equal. Some leads are in the “just looking” buying phase while others are more serious “need a solution” phase. Lead scoring prioritizes leads and alerts sales people when those prospects are ready to be called upon.
- Marketing Automation doesn’t work unless you have an optimal content strategy. Relevant content is the number one reason why buyers purchase from you. In today’s world, buyers are making decisions on vendors due to the quality of educational and informative content they receive. Content needs to target each of your target audiences, and guides those audiences from initial buying stages to purchases and even after-purchase. Remember, content attracts prospects, and content nurtures leads into sales.
The above is why companies like NuSpark Marketing exist; to help you optimize your media, lead generation, conversion, and lead nurturing strategies. A sound lead management system with content the fuel will certainly increase your firm’s revenues and lower the costs per lead and sale.
I’ve written a new eBook to explain the benefits and process of Marketing Automation.Our newest ebook sets the stage of why and how marketing automation will contribute to increasing sales efficiency, generating quality leads, and nurturing leads into sales. The eBook makes a compelling argument on how quality content is key for lead generation and sales. We show how to create a content map and target content to your buyers. Then, with that content, how marketing automation targets prospects until they become sales-ready.
1. The case for marketing automation.
2. Key industry stats on the benefits of lead nurturing.
3. How to create a lead nurturing email campaign.
4. How to score leads.
5. How to attract prospects via content.
6. How to create buyer personas and match content to their purchase cycles.
7. What can be measured.
8. How marketing automation syncs with CRMs.
The eBook can be downloaded here: Click here to Download